An amazing international marine conservation charity is recruiting for an experienced leader and strategist to direct their global conservation team. Theyre looking for someone with outstanding management and leadership skills, particularly attuned to leading and empowering senior managers to design and execute innovative community-based programmes in challenging settings
You will be responsible for
Conservation Programme Leadership
- Leading planning and design of conservation programmes, including evaluating human and financial resource needs and plans
- Providing regular input and support to colleagues driving fundraising efforts, forecasting funding needs by countries and programmes, and ensuring development efforts align closely with programme priorities
- Proactively identifying synergies across programmes and activities to enhance impact, efficiency and effectiveness of programme delivery
- Leading adaptive project management and co-ordination to ensure project delivery meets consistently high standards, in fulfilment of contractual responsibilities and in alignment with their strategic goals.
- Ensuring a strong and dynamic culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the design and development of their conservation programmes
- Supporting country directors and senior managers working with field teams and communities to develop and evaluate new models for incentivising tropical marine conservation and small-scale fisheries management
- Supporting the growth and organisational development of their within the senior management team, working to develop key strategic and operational goals and leading their delivery
- Leading their Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team to understand the impact of field programmes and interventions, and to align interventions based on ongoing learning for continuous improvement and adaptive management
- Directing the UK-based conservation programme team and country directors/managers, ensuring direct reports are engaged in their work and given opportunities to develop their skills and experience
They are looking for
- At least five years practical experience in field-based tropical environmental conservation and/or rural development
- Experience of developing multi-sector partnerships, including with communities, NGOs, research institutions and government agencies
- Experience working with and reporting to donors, including trusts, foundations and agencies
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you havent been contacted within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.
Third Solutions encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Third Solutions acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.