An innovative childrens education and youth charity is looking to bring on board a Major Donor Manager to take over a successful high-net worth fundraising program
The role of the Major Donor Manager is to lead on securing funding from Individuals. With a particular focus on securing 5 and 6 figure gifts the post holder will play an important role in achieving the teams income targets. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Major Donor Fundraiser to lead and develop this income stream.
- To develop a pipeline of prospects with the potential to give at mid-value and major donor level through personal research and with the support the of Trustees and senior volunteers.
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective mid-value and major donors to secure 4, 5 and 6 figure donations and pledges against a personal target and team targets.
- To work with Trustees, senior volunteers and existing donors to identify new prospects and develop appropriate strategies to convert these prospects into donors.
- Research and identify prospective major donors from desk research and networking.
-To develop and implement engagement and cultivation strategies including developing a calendar of cultivation and stewardship events.
- To ask potential donors for gifts where appropriate and involve CEO and/or Board level support where required in order to maximise the likelihood of success.
- Steward relationships with existing and new donors to maximise the long-term value of each donor by understanding their motivations for support.
They are ideally looking for:
- Minimum five years experience in a fundraising or relationship development team
- Experience of securing 5 and 6 figure gifts from high net-worth individuals in the charitable sector or similar experience gained in the commercial sector.
- Experience of working with Trustee boards, senior volunteers and/or development committees to secure funding
- Experience of providing detailed reports and updates for donors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you havent been contacted within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.
Third Solutions encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Third Solutions acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.